I wanted to write something else with G, but cannot think of anything better than my Goals for 2016. This may also be because of the fact that I have read Pepper’s post with G and that is about Goals. I am unable to think of any other word than this with G.
For 2015 I had made some simple goals. Here is a list of my goals for 2015:
- Skill Enhancement
- Minimal Time Wastage
- NO WASTAGE
- Social Life
I had decided to work on the above areas in this year. Honestly speaking I have not done great on any front. I have just started doing my daily back strengthening exercise. Nothing on the skill enhancement front- except that I do see my role getting changed in the coming months.
Time wastage – I can say that I am slightly better as I do spend a lot of time with K now. I have not read many books, but still I think this is an area where I am improving.
Wastage- It is as it is. No improvements here.
Social Life- This has been slightly better, because we travelled in summers this year to our native place. My husband belongs to Pithoragarh- in Kumaon region of Uttaranchal. I met a lot of family there. Then the same month I went to native in Pauri Garhwal, and met my family. After coming back we did meet Husband’s extended family on more than one occasions. But my objective of having people over was definitely not met.
Overall, it has been a disappointing year in terms of achieving my goals. I am not discouraged but. I plan to have some achievable goals for 2016. This time I think I should take a stock mid year to see where am wrt my goals, and do course correction if needed.
So here is what I plan to achieve in the year 2016:
- HEALTH– A better me physically! PERIOD.
- More and more time with K– Thankfully my job right now allows me decent work life balance. I want to use this to maximum advantage and want to spend as much time as I can with K. She would be turning 3 this year, and believe me now I understand what it is to actually see time flying! It was as if just yesterday when I was preparing for her 2nd birthday, and we are already on verge of welcoming her 3rd! So more quality time with my baby is one major goal of this year.
Infact along with this, another objective is to work on some areas with her specially her confidence. She is basically an introvert kid. So while I do not want to make her or change her into an extrovert, but I think I would need to help her develop some confidence specially her social skills. So that’s the goal for me, for K.
- Better time planning: Like last year this year also, time management is on the top of this list. I want to spend my time more wisely. I have read some beautiful posts by some of my favorite bloggers on how they manage their time. You can read them here and here.
- Minimal Wastage: of every kind especially food. I think I need to be much more organized. That would automatically take care of any kind of wastage.
- Wear more and more Sarees. Yes, that’s one of my goals for the coming year. I have participated in the 100sareepact- on Instagram. I am just 10 sarees down, and already enjoying it!
- Learn a new skill. Today morning I learnt how to refill the water container in car which is used to clean the front glass pane using wipers. I felt really happy on learning something new..:) This year I want to add something to my skill set. Not professional necessarily, but any new thing – may be baking or some other craft.
- Read More. I use to read a lot till a year back. Somehow, I lost the drive to read sometime back, and I am not being able to get that back on track. So more and more reading is on my list this year.
- Explore my city, and take at least 2 vacations. I want to cover all places in Delhi till the time we are here. We have already been to almost all famous ones, but still there are many places yet to be covered. I have bookmarked a blog post which captures almost all of Delhi’s visit-able places, and this year I am going to tick mark as many of them as I can.
- Invest time on a social cause. I think this one is very critical. I need to do some social service or work for some social cause. I think I have already identified one, but I seriously plan to invest time on that this year. I will update this post once I actually do some work on it.
- Call my parents everyday. I use to talk to my parents almost everyday, but this year I have decided that no matter what- I will call them every single day. Both of them.
I will come back to this list every quarter end, to see where I stand vis- a-vis my objectives. Let me now update Google Calendar to remind me on 31st March 2016- to come back and have a look at this sheet.