After a long time I finally managed to get the time, courage and peace to update my blog!! In my mind it sounds so simple, that I should update my blog regularly and keep a log of stuff here which I think and dissect in my head multiple times and then just let it go dunno where…But it is not that simple to actually sit and write a blog post! Fact is, when K is around, I try to be in front of laptop only for office work. I feel guilty doing anything else, like reading other blogs etc for my own pleasure. Since I am far from good in time management, I find it difficult to find those moments of solace during the day when everyone is sleeping and I am up doing something useful. Therefore, no matter how much I have wanted to write here, I have failed on this front big time. Today, K is at her grandparents’ place for a couple of hours. They have recently shifted to Gurgaon, and stay a few kilometers away from us. After a long long time I am alone at home, and also not worried on how she would be faring. I know she is in safe and responsible hands.
That brings me to another of my dilemma these days. K is almost 20 months old. I am yet to put her in a play school. Though I am in no hurry, I can see that her stamina levels are outgrowing her activity levels. No matter how much we engage her, she still have loads of energy ready to be dissipated, but not enough avenues. She looks bored these days. Husband is of the view that she should be sent to a play-school immediately. I guess, we will have to decide on the front pretty soon now!
I am a wfh mother. I rarely go to my office, and operate from home office only. I have a day time maid to look after K, whose only job is to play with her, feed her, bath her..and generally keep her occupied when I am working. The one we have right now is pretty good at her work. She is a young married female of around 24 years and is quite responsible. What I have seen is, that I slip into a lazy pattern when I see someone else taking care of my baby properly. I know she can never replace me in the way I would look after K, but things like playing with her or reading a book to her…when I see that K is enjoying her company, I do end up spending more hours in front of my laptop, than are needed for my office work. You get the drift…I was doing it for 15- 20 days or so, when the realization struck me that I am wasting the opportunity to be with my baby, by letting her be in someone else’s company for so long. So yes, the help is here to look after her when I am at work, but when I can give time to her, I must do that! This was the precise reason why I chose to work in this organization, so that I can be home with my baby and give her time. Instead, the laziness kicked in, and I started doing things the way I did not want to be in first place. Anyway, now that this realization has dawned on me few days back, I am back to my original self. I suppress my urge to spend time on my system beyond a certain limit, and am ensuring that I am with K, whenever I can.
Now some K updates, before i forget..
– My baby can now speak full sentences on her own. She can create her own meaningful sentences- “papa ophich jaate hai”…” imote (remote) tut gaya..”….”gumam gumam paani se nahaaigi”…..”bachch kaeigi”….basically anything she wants to convey, she can frame in a sentence and say. Its a real interesting phase of her life. Its a delight listening to her, trying to communicate and express herself..:)
– She also knows some of her alphabets. I brought a board game for her where she has to plug the alphabets into the frame. i was surprised the other day, when i saw her recognizing many of the alphabets with their name and fitting almost all of them at their right place!! She is a fast learner..
– Best part is her singing, she can sing all songs which we sing to her..be it.” thane thane paani se nahana chaiye..” or “nanha munna raahi hun..” or any other jingle or baby song..K can recite the song verbatim! She is parrot in that department..:D
– I showed her a picture of Gandhi and Nehru in a book. After few days we were passing through Delhi, near the Police Headquarters, where the building has a huge black and white picture of Gandhi displayed on one of the outside walls…She began shouting..Gandhiji ko dekhegi..Gandhiji ko dekhegi..:) I was surprised…
– She insists that I put kaala teeka on her forehead after she is all bathed and ready. She would say..kaava teeka kaava teeka lagayegi..:) and them immediately run to the dresser to see herself in the mirror.:)
– She is hugely fond of fruits! you name a fruit and she becomes all excited to eat it. Banana and Orange are her favourites. Infact its only while eating that she sits quietly at one place. When she demands a fruit and I tell her to sit down, she would immediately sit wherever she is standing and wait for me to get her the fruit. Its so funny at times….no matter how full her tummy is, you cannot eat a fruit in front of her without giving her!!
– K is a happy baby. Only when hungry does she get irritable. Otherwise, she is happy in her own world, laughing, singing and sometimes talking to herself..:)
– One day she was playing with my earrings. I told her- ye mumma ke earrings hain. Next day I wore a thin chain. She touched that and said..eaaings hai!! She thought whatever mumma wears is eaarings..:D..
– Our cook’s name is Shakuntala. K is very fond of all maids , and “chakutta” aunty is her favourite. The little girl has already started giving her instructions. She goes upto her and says-“chakutta aunty, aaoo ka pavatha banado!””..:D She knows that its Shakuntala aunty who cooks, therefore better to direct all her food related demands to her…:D
– My earlier maid taught her to say “kemon aacho” ..as all maids here are Bengali, K has somehow learn to identify them. Now, whenever she spots one, on the road or anywhere, she waits for them to com enear and asks in aloud voice..”kemon aacho..:D..it is hilarious, because sometimes the maids get startled…Infact she calls the cleaning lady who comes to our house- kemon aacho aunty!!
Ok..again time to run and get K back from my in-laws place. However, I do plan to write a detailed post on the many thoughts crossing my head these days…