Happy New Year people!
This place has been lying dormant for over 3 months now. the main reason is that i was busy and was not feeling like writing anything even when i had time. Writer’s block had taken a new height all these months. I was just now feeling like writing anything to keep this place up.
K is sleeping and would be up any minute, so before i write an incomplete post and save it in draft, here is a short bullet point update of life here:
1. I have managed to learn driving!! Yay!! This was one of the items on my to- do list during sabbatical and i managed to tick it off. I went to my native in November and joined a local driving school. Back in Gurgaon and with daily practice I am now comfortable driving on my own.
We have bought a car seat for K, and now i drive her around the town whenever i feel like….:)
I am super happy on the above achievement…Yay!!
2. K is 10 months old and started taking few steps on her own. She can walk like five- six steps before she looses balance and falls down. This is a great milestone.
3. She is getting funnier with every passing day. I love her antics, she has learnt to say tata, to clap, to say “jai” when i ask her to and off late also hugs me when i tell her to hug me. She is a quick learner and touch-wood till now is turning out to be a happy baby. To grab my attention whenever i am not looking at her, she cutely bends her head and looks at me to get my attention. It is so cute…I just love it!
4. I will be joining work in April. MIL has agreed to come for two months- April and May to stay with us and look after K. However, the bigger problem is still unsolved. I am looking for a job change where i can work from home after initial 3-4 months of going to office. I can call my dad or in-laws from time to time when i can go to office, but no-one is in a position to stay with me all along. Lets see….have applied at few places but no response till now.
5. Deep in my heart I am kind of scared to join back work. I am not sure how i will be able to maintain a work life balance. A baby is a huge responsibility and while I so not want to opt for a stay at home arrangement, I am skeptical on my abilities to manage both things properly. Time will tell…
As i write this I notice that a better idea would have been to first jot down stuff that went well during the last year before ranting about what is it that worries me about the future…:)
So here is a snapshot of 2013-
1. 2013 has been a very important year for us. Its the year we had our first baby- K. (btw, we have finally decided on her name- its Kavya…:)) She was born in March and now looking at her i sometimes wonder if we ever had any life without her. I tell husband, where did all our time go when she was not around…:)
2. In Feb last year, I cleared CISA Certified Information Security Auditor. Its an internationally recognized certification for IT Security Personnel and commands fair amount of respect in the international market. I had studied very hard for it during my sixth and seventh months of pregnancy and was overjoyed when i came to know that i had cleared it…:)
3. Things on the job front worked out well as my boss granted me leaves for an year and i could stay at home to take care of K.
4. I spent close to five months with my parents. This is the longest i have stayed with them after i moved out in 1999 for further studies. Needless to say i loved it. The most amazing thing is that i kind of rediscovered my parents during this stay. Things about them which either i had never noticed earlier or never looked at from an adult’s perspective. It calls for a separate post altogether, but i had a truly amazing time with them.
5. My sister got married last year. Our family had a very difficult time getting her married. We went through a lot of ups and downs before she finally got ready to get married. Anyways, Feb 2013 she tied knot and is now happily settled in Dubai.
6. I am surprised how i missed this one!! We bought our first home last year. Around the time of K’s birth. We are yet to get the possession but technically we have bought it, as we have borrowed money from bank are are paying EMIs.
Its an expensive house. I was not very sure if we should go ahead with the deal, however husband being the positive one was ready to take the plunge. The EMI scheme is time bound and right now we are paying a very nominal amount towards the loan. However, April onward it will increase and once we get the possession it will be significantly high. I was so scared deep inside while buying this property that i did not even share this with my close friends, i thought once we comfortably start paying the higher EMIs i will disclose the news. Yes i am weird that ways. I don’t know but I always live in this financial insecurity. By God’s grace money is there…but somehow I am never at ease mentally when it comes to finances as I am always unsure about the future. Partly the reason can be that i am never happy in the job i do, so fear that one day i will end without one!!
So above were the highlights of 2013. It will remain an unforgettable year in our lives…:)
I have few resolutions for 2014. Will post them soon here.
Wishing all a very happy new year again…cheers…